Saturday, March 26, 2005

Testimony of GOD's divine timing & salvation

This is copy of the email I sent out to the YahooGroups, since Yahoo doesn't offer archiving function anymore. Don't have to be obliged to, but feel free to comment.

===================

Hello and greetings!

Wanna share a testimony of God's divine timing. And also abit on the principle of sowing and reaping.

I brought two PRC friends to The Greatest Miracle Ever presentation on Thursday, and one of them - Yu Lili - gave her life to Jesus during the altar call! PRAISE GOD!!! Both Li Tao (my assigned buddy during this Sino-S'pore Undergrad Exchange) and Lili have never stepped inside a church before.

In fact, Li Tao wasn't too keen on coming when I invited him last Sunday, cos he said he's a free thinker and has no interest in religion. Anyway, on Wed, he came back to me to say that he will come (maybe out of giving face to me or whatever, but God's favor definitely!). The rest of the PRC folks and even the S'porean participants weren't keen at all. But Lili said she wanted to come and take a look.

I was surprised but didn't dare to expect much out of this response. I was only hoping that they get an exposure to the Gospel and maybe someday back in China (or if they come back to S'pore again), someone will reach out to them and they'll remember that time when they first heard of Jesus in S'pore.

During the presentation, Lili started tearing abit at different scenes and I felt led to pray so I prayed feverishly (but below audible volume of cos) in tongues. During altar call, she didn't raise her hand but I knew she was touched so I just asked her outright. And she smiled sheepishly and nodded her head. hahaha... So I led her down the altar and the rest is history!!! Nah... this is just the beginning of a new life for her. =) =) =)

But the story doesn't end here because I later found out from her that this isn't her first exposure per se. Actually, someone has already been sowing into her life! Her year 1 English teacher at the university is a Christian and reached out to Lili by asking her to read the Bible to improve her English. (How smart!!!) Anyway, Lili obliged and she actually finished reading the whole of the Old Testament. [Hands up how many of us haven't finished reading the OT?!!] But Lili said the words in the Bible didn't really grip her then (although she likes the book of Daniel). Still, her teacher actually quit the Communist Party because of her faith in Jesus Christ. This left a deep impression in Lili because the teacher was considered a potential high flyer and it's prestigious to be a Party member. Yet there was no hint of regret in her teacher at all.

The 2nd exposure was during the screening of Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ. Lili went to the theatres to catch the movie and she was touched. She almost wanted to run to a church in Shanghai but she didn't in the end cos she didn't know anyone there.

Finally she came to TCC... Such is the divine timing of God indeed. And I am truly privileged to have the opportunity of witnessing His grace and compassion in action. More so, there is a deeper appreciation of importance of sowing into the lives of the people around us. I believe Lili's teacher would never in her wildest dreams imagine that Lili would get saved while on this 2-week exchange trip, amidst a group of strangers in a strange land. Even I didn't imagine it possible, though there was that intention of exposing them to the Gospel. Yet the impossible happened. Praise God. Sometimes we sow and others reap. Other times, people whom we do not know sow, and we reap. Amen and amen.


Blessings,
JJ


PS: Lili is reading the NT already. She's using the hotel room drawer's bible (Gideon's translation i think) and
started on the Gospel of Matthew. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home