Monday, April 18, 2005

Whew... praise GOD that my FYP presentation is over!

YAY! It's over...! (Ok, i still got a thesis to submit on Wed and I'm awfully behind time...) Still, wanna thank God for His grace today. Let me begin my grandfather story. hee...

The FYP poster presentation was scheduled at 2.30pm. But as usual, JJ is ever the procrastinator and last-min king... only finished editing poster at 1pm. "Hmm... still got alot of time to print, no pblm." But alas... murphy's law was at work. IT people at TLL all went for lunch at the same time. And it was pouring, so they wouldn't be back anytime soon. "Argh!" So I sat in the waiting area and starting praying.

The IT people returned at 1.50pm. "Okay, last time my examiners came an hour late so this time probably they would be late too. I should have enough time." Then I found out the PC doesn't accept thumbdrives so I had to go back up to lab to burn my pwrpt into a CD-R. Came down and after what seemed like an eternity of troubleshooting, managed to get the printer to start on my A0 size poster. The quality of the print's excellent but it was taking forever.

THEN... the unimaginable happened. An office lady walked past the printer and tripped over the wires so hard that the printer cable got ripped off the print router. My print job stopped halfway and got ejected. I got half a poster. I couldn't believe my eyes. Nearly wanted to cry.

By this time it was about 2.45pm. *sweat* Printing another poster would take 45 min at least. *gulp* Nvm, after fixing the cables and wires, and taping them down with masking tape to the carpet, I got the printer to restart a print job. No time for a full reprint so I had to resort to physical cut and paste later. Started mumbling to God to make the printer head move faster....

In the end, I managed to get to the poster presentation venue at 3.25pm. Hurriedly I looked for Reena, the administrator, and asked if my examiners were there yet. "Not yet. They're scheduled to arrive at 3.30pm," she replied. *WHEW!* "Thank You Dad!", I shouted silently. Thanks to Weiliang, who prepared all the mounting materials for me, I was able to set up my poster within minutes (thanks to Andre & Wai Kay who were there too) and even had the time to chit chat for awhile with my friends. (They were all amazed at my lateness. ha...)

Anyway, my two examiners came at ~3.35pm and it was a rather smooth-going presentation, albeit I went abit fast cos too eager to get it over and done with. Q&A was much better handled than the previous round in Feb. So praise GOD and thanks to everyone who prayed. Thanks.

Experienced God's unfailing love and amazing grace today. BUT the lesson is, of course, not to learn from my example. :-P "Living by the skin of God's grace" is probably what Ps Dom would have said in admonishment to describe my scenario.

So that's it to my exciting day. Now back to writing my thesis... can't wait for Wed to come so I'll be FREE!!!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home