Friday, July 22, 2005

Thanks for keeping us in prayer!

So this note is belated but thanks really from the bottom of my heart. Also like to take this opportunity to share with all of you a lesson I learnt from the trip.

Thank God for making His Word in Matt 25:35-40 become rhema during the recent trip to Nias.

Initially, I had questioned the significance of my work in Nias -– dispensing medicine, playing games with children, and managing the logistical demands of the team -– it all seemed so mundane and inconsequential. What went through my mind was, “anybody can do this 'job'… why me? God, why make me fly all the way from Singapore to Nias for such an insignificant assignment?”

But God began to speak to me about not despising the little things. Instead, I ought to be faithful with whatever the Lord has placed upon my hands to do.

Matt 25:35-40 says,

35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

God reminded me that I was doing it for Him. Every thing I did, no matter how insignificant it may seem to me, it is for the Lord. It is not about me. It is not about me wanting the spectacular to happen, having my grand expectations met, or being seen in a glamorous light by friends and family back home. God is the only reason why I do what I do.

Sometimes the work of the Lord is plain simple and unattractive. But we must continue to do it, we press on, we perservere… for “Christ’s love compels us.” (2 Cor 5:14).

Praise be to God for the lesson learnt on being faithful with the little things of GOD! =)

1 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for being our photographer JJ!really appreciate it!and for compiling e stuff...yep,even the little thgs count.u made a difference in Nias! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home